Saturday, June 26, 2010

To Do List

I have really been trying to take my own advice and make Sundays a day of rest, no blogging, no housework, no listing.  I am enjoying that one day of the week to focus on my Creator, relax with my family and recharge for the coming week.  All of this means, of course, that I have to get things in order on Saturday.

Today my list of to dos is long.  I'll check things off one at a time and what doesn't get done...well, tough!

~ Work on Natalie's wedding veil (I'm making it - here's a tiny peek)



~ Get my office and my merchandise in order - what a mess! (will not post a picture - don't want to make you cry)

~ Clean my bathroom and vacuum (recruiting family volunteers for this one)

~ Spend some time taming back my jungle of a yard

~ Finish my blog (almost done!)

~ Take more product pictures

~ Post said pictures on my site

~ Buy Rachel basketball shoes (pleeeeze, mom?!)

~ Drop off packages at the post office (Steve just left with packages in hand - thanks!)

~ Get some groceries

~ Make an attendance chart for my Sunday School class

... okay, I just looked at this list and realized, it ain't gonna happen!  I'm sure you all have a list as long, or longer.  I could keep adding to it, but I've got to focus on what's important and let the rest wait.

It's so easy to get overwhelmed with the 'to dos' of my life.  I need to make sure that somewhere in that list is what is really important

~ spend time in the Word and talking to the Lord (if not, I won't make it through the day)



~ sit down and share a coffee and a chat with a friend (motivation to complete my tasks)

~ snuggle with the kids and talk about their day

~ contact a friend who is struggling, to listen and tell her she's loved

~ finish my blog (done!)

I feel better already.  See you Monday!

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Matthew 6:34 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment