Thursday, June 17, 2010

School's Out!

The last couple weeks have been an onslaught of parties, promotions, picnics and more!  We have packed more socializing into the last month than we do the rest of the year.

Today our sweet daughter was promoted out of junior high.  No more uniforms - hooray!  She is off to yet another party this evening.  Oh, the sweet days of youth!



I am SO glad that summer is here and with it a more relaxed schedule.  Why is it I hate making school lunches so much?  It is one of my least favorite chores and I 'm determined that by next fall, I will relinquish that task to my now-promoted children.

We are looking for cheap and easy ways to fill our summer days, the beach being #1 on our hit list.  Let's place bets on how long it will be til one of the kids says "I'm bored."  I'm betting it's before the weekend arrives.



I've also decided that this will be a good time to ignore child labor laws and put my kids to work on some things around the house.  I'll fill you in on how that goes!

Congrats Zack and Sam, moving on to junior high!  Congrats Rachel and Jacob, leaving junior high behind!  Congrats to Norb and Jonny, celebrating birthdays today!



Sorry this is short and sweet today, but I gotta go frost a cake - chocolate, yum!

I am working on a posting about another personal hero.  This young lady is amazing and you will want to hear her story.  Check back tomorrow to read it.


May our sons flourish in their youth like well-nurtured plants.  May our daughters be like graceful pillars, carved to beautify a palace.
Psalm 144:12 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment