Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Floods

What a week!  You know how sometimes life just comes at you like a flood and you feel like you are dog-paddling to keep up?  Well, that is the way I feel today.  I wish I could write something more light-hearted - yesterday I felt a bit of a reprieve, but today - BAM!  Life is just hitting hard again.  In fact, I had completed today's entry when I heard a shout outside and there was the actual flood.  One of the kids had knocked the sprinkler system with a basketball and... well, here's what happened.  This day started out bad and it isn't getting any better.


But my minor crises are nothing compared to what others are dealing with this week.  There are two families I know who are grieving and struggling to come to terms with the loss of a  mother.  I have spoken with moms today who are overwhelmed and desperate for answers with how to help their children.  I have someone very special to me that is having a terrible crisis of faith and needs peace.  I am praying constantly for these dear ones.  I have no answers, all I can do is reach out in love and pray.

In the midst of so much pain and confusion, life goes on.  We have to continue with work, clean the house, make dinner and make sure the kids get their homework done (no easy task!).  I would rather curl up in my bed, close my eyes and make it all go away.


But I keep moving on, not on my own strength.  I am weak.  But through the strength of the One who brings me peace and has promised...
 "My grace is enough; it's all you need.
   My strength comes into its own in your weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9

3 comments:

  1. I love that while your "flood" was happening in the backyard you had your camera to take a picture!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve was not impressed. At least I didn't take a picture of him, struggling to get the geyser capped!

    ReplyDelete