Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Summer Breeze


I just had a whiff of summer today. Something about the smell in the air, the light breeze blowing, the sunshine, the kids talking about end-of-year parties. All of a sudden, I can't wait.

I love summer! I know that living in Orange County we hardly endure bitter winters, but it's the 'attitude' of summer that I especially like. I know by the time August comes, I am starting to think that school sounds good, but I really hate when it's over. These are the things I like most about summer.

- the smell of suntan lotion

- the splash of pool water

- tan skin (no burn 'cause we used suntan lotion!)

- beach sand...EVERYWHERE

- loooong days


- cotton candy from Balboa Fun Zone

- sleeping in (at least now and then!)

- kids, kids, kids


- hanging out with my sister and the kids

- chillin' at the cabin

- strawberries, watermelon, corn on the cob

- barbecues (well done, anyone?)

- ice tea

- baseball games

- sandals and bare feet

- bonfires at the beach with s'mores

- sunsets

Okay, so you get the point.  There's pretty much nothing about summer that I don't like.  So, tell me, what is your favorite season and why?  Leave your comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment