Friday, May 21, 2010

Strawberries, Puppy Dogs & Sleepovers



Today I visited my favorite strawberry stand, Manaserro Farms and bought some beautiful strawberries. For my money, they are the best. Occasionally I will give in and get them in the grocery store when they're on sale, but I'm always disappointed. These are big, sweet and juicy - picked locally when they are ripe and not shipped halfway around the world. I LOVE strawberries, especially dipped in chocolate (are you hungry yet?) So this was my way of treating myself today. And no, I am not paid by Manassero to sell their berries!


I had another unexpected treat today, in the form of a dog.  Look who was lost in my neighborhood!  Our dog Casey was very uncertain as this little guy ran laps in HER backyard.  He was petted and loved by the kids and would even play catch!  As nice as it was having him visit, I was relieved when his owners came to pick him up.  One dog is enough for me!


Well, it's a short post today. R is having a sleepover, so it should be lively around here tonight. Hope these pics brought a smile to your day!

"A cheerful heart brings a smile to your face;
a sad heart makes it hard to get through the day."
Proverbs 15:13 The Message

No comments:

Post a Comment