Thursday, June 10, 2010

Personal Heroes - Chapter 2

I received such an overwhelming response from my first post on Personal Heroes that I have decided to make this a weekly entry.  If you are interested in nominating someone to be profiled here,  read the directions at the end of this post.  Today's post is brought to you by a guest blogger - my son.  This is something he wrote for school and I thought it was an appropriate entry for our Personal Heroes series. 

 The Best Dog Ever

Do you have a dog?  Many people do, just like me.  I have an amazing dog.  She helps me to always keep a positive attitude.  To explain her fully will take a while, but don't worry, it won't be boring.

First, I should tell you about my dog.  Her name is Casey.  Casey's original name was Lisa.  "What do you mean by an original name?" you ask.  Why, the reason I say this is because she was adopted.  But I will get into that later.  Casey is a very energetic dog.  She likes everything from playing 'chase' to just cuddling!

I got Casey (aka Lisa) at the Irvine Animal Shelter.  The date was July 22, 2007.  Also, at the shelter they said we were very lucky because she was just put up for adoption on that day and beagles are adopted very quickly.  I'm super happy that we got Casey.



I care for my dog by walking, playing, feeding her food, and picking up poo.  My favorite thing is playing, while my least favorite is...yep, you guessed it, picking up poo!  Ewwww!  I also like going for walks with her.  It's a lot of fun.  My favorite part of going for walks is whenever I say 'walk' she gets really excited and happy.

As you have guessed, owning a dog is pretty fun, but there are still a lot of responsibilities.  Don't worry though, because it's all worth it at...

the end.


"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive."  ~Gilda Radner



Now, I have an assignment for you.  This is an audience-participation blog.

My son and I have shared with you about personal heroes and I have plenty more.  However,  I want to hear from you.  Who are your personal heroes?  They could be living or not, man or woman, famous or living in obscurity...you get the point.  Give me a couple sentences telling me who your hero is and why.  Leave it in the comments section below and I will pick one entry (or two, if I feel like it - this is my blog) to highlight here.

Be sure to leave your name or email me if you left it anonymous and let me know which one is yours.  I will contact you and get the scoop on your hero and give them a shout-out here.  I can't wait to hear your stories.

2 comments:

  1. Um, our Ashley is one my heros--mainly because she has saved me so many times from strange seasons of loneliness. She has a gift for making me feel deeply cared for, truly known and loved--even though we are far apart. And she brings me all these great new family members and friends to love as well.

    And her fluency in Spanish is such a witness to her determination and hard work.

    And when she worships God, the whole world seems to light up a bit more!

    She is just a great egg.

    -Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you are tugging at my heart. I agree with all of the things you said. She's the bomb.com!

    ReplyDelete