Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A Grateful Heart

Today I am choosing to be grateful.

I have found that when I choose to be consciously thankful for all of the little things and focus on the blue sky between the clouds, I am far more content with where I am.

So today, this is my grateful list, in no particular order

~ blueberries - eating them while I type!

~  summer - three more days and it officially arrives in our house

~ Ashley's new job - good to see my daughter loving what she does and getting paid for it!

~  my new computer - so much faster and a pleasure to work at

~ the fact that Steve is cooking tonight so I can work


~ my lululemon pants - they fit just right!

~  my church family - it's wonderful to feel connected

~ Peet's Coffee

~ salted chocolate caramels (with a cup of coffee)

~ Rachel playing the piano at all hours of the day



~ a hearty, snorting, makes-your-belly-hurt laugh (don't judge me, I snort!)

~ my sister - she understands me

~ God's patience with me - it is infinite!

I could go on.  There are many more things that I am grateful for, but for today, I'm especially grateful for you and the opportunity to share myself through words.  What's on your list?


1 Thess 5:18 Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. (NLT)

4 comments:

  1. You are so blessed. And I am blessed to have you in my circle of friends. You are one of those friends I like to call my "balcony people." Always in my balcony cheering me on. I love you my friend. I'm so glad our lives have reconnected.
    C

    ReplyDelete
  2. I escaped from Lakers Land tonight and decided to catch up with my friend. So a opened my version of a cup of coffee (a Diet Coke) and spent the evening reading every one of the blogs that I missed.

    Did you know you are one of my heros!? When I have a bad day and want to stay in bed with the covers pulled up over my head, I'm reminded of how you face the challenges life throws at you. Thanks for showing us all how to run the race.

    Thanks for sharing a few beautiful moments with me tonight! You are an inspiring and amazing woman.

    Love you all!
    Cindee

    Cindee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you dear friend! Would love to meet in person and do some catching up.

    ReplyDelete