Friday, July 9, 2010

Today's the Day!

This is it!  The big day for Natalie and Adrian and the whole family.  We are now in panic mode.  Why isn't the iron working?  Where is my bag of makeup?  Can you run up to Marshall's and get an extra  vase?  It is unreal how much goes into planning a wedding!  But we know it will be worth it all in the end as we watch the happy couple come down the aisle.  Then we can all relax and enjoy the party. 

I started my morning with a quick trip to the store for a few essentials - hair color (don't want roots showing in pictures) and coffee (got to get my morning fix).  I had the most amazing surprise when I drove up to the window at Starbucks.  The girl at the window told me.  "The lady in the car ahead of you has paid for your order.  She wanted you to have this."

At first I didn't understand her. She repeated her words and handed me my coffee and a little card that read, "May good things happen for you!  Breeze".  The card had a picture of an adorable lab and the sentiment was handwritten.  Now, I didn't buy just a cup of coffee this morning, I bought a pound of French Roast to bring home.  Some stranger, randomly paid for my pound of coffee.  What a blessing!  She couldn't possibly know that I was strapped for cash and that coffee is my love language.

I've heard of these random acts of kindness but have never had a stranger do something so thoughtful for me.  It made me think of all the acts of love I receive every day from my family and friends.  I pray that my life reflects that kindness back to  others.  Can't wait to return the favor to some other unsuspecting person!

I must be off.  I have errands to run, hair to straighten and shirts to iron, but I will be back tomorrow with loads of pictures to share with you.

May your day be blessed and may you choose to share those blessings with others!

Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.
Ephesians 4:32

No comments:

Post a Comment