Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My Friends Are My Estate

Today's post is dedicated to three of the best friends a woman could have.  Kelly, Kathy and Cheryl (plus Madison) thanks for knowing exactly what I needed yesterday and being there for me!

"Friendship isn't a luxury, it's a necessity."
 - Karen Rutledge



To you and all the other dear friends that carry me through each day, may I be half the friend to you, that you are to me!

Here are some of the best quotes I have found, celebrating the gift of friendship - in all of it's beautiful forms - young and old, vintage and new!

"Never shall I forget the days I spent with you. 
Continue to be my friend, as you will always find me yours."
- Ludwig van Beethoven 



"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson  




"My friends are my estate."
 - Emily Dickinson


"Ah, how good it feels...the hand of an old friend."
- Mary Englebright


"If you judge people, you have no time to love them."
- Mother Teresa 


"I count myself in nothing else so happy
As in a soul rememb'ring my good friends."
- William Shakespeare 


"Walking with a friend in the dark is better than 
walking alone in the light."
- Helen Keller
  
"Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being."
-Goethe

No comments:

Post a Comment