Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Peace in the Chaos


I had something different planned for my entry today, but just received news that made me change directions.

Today, the house that my daughter LA lives in was broken into. The place was ransacked and they stole whatever they could get their hands on from everyone who lives there. My first response is sadness, for my friend and her daughter and for my own sweet girl who has lost personal items and a sense of security.

My second response is anger. I would LOVE to take matters in my own hands and hunt down whoever it was that felt they could take what does not belong to them. How dare they invade someone else's property and take what they worked so hard for!

There are also, I must confess some why's involved. Why, Lord, would you allow this to happen to these good people and especially to my girl. She is so excited about her new career, her upcoming wedding and all the future has in store and now this! I also know how very hard K works to provide a home for her daughter. This is just not right!

But I know that why's don't always get answered and certainly not right away. The past several years, dealing with chronic pain have taught me this. When we don't know why we must cling even closer to the One who does. There is no peace without Him - no security in things, only in trusting the Maker of all things.

So, I ask that you would pray for peace for these dear ones, that God would restore them tenfold and envelop them with His peace and security. I have learned that without it, life is chaos.

"I'm leaving you well and whole. That's my parting gift to you. Peace. I don't leave you the way you're used to being left—feeling abandoned, bereft. So don't be upset. Don't be distraught." John 14:27 The Message

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for those words that i myself needed to read.

    ReplyDelete