Thursday, May 13, 2010

MOTB


We are planning a wedding at our house and it is so much fun! Talking about wedding dresses, how many guests (got to trim that list!), locations, food, flowers and all that is involved, is way more fun than I remember when we were married (almost 30 years ago - yikes!). But, the most fun of all is seeing my daughter beaming with joy at the thought of being a married woman.

I think back on all the years her daddy and I spent praying for her and for her unnamed husband-to-be. It is thrilling to see how God had prepared each of them for the other. And, he's a middle child, just like me!

So now I will be a MOTB (that's mother-of-the-bride for the uninitiated). I have mixed feelings as I think of letting our little girl go, but realize that she has never been 'only ours'. We dedicated her to God and have enjoyed watching her grow and exert her independence from us while becoming more dependent on God. That is exciting! To know that their marriage will be built on a foundation that is solid.

As the day approaches, I can't wait to share with you all the joy and excitement that we anticipate. Just a sneak peek -the picture above is from the park where they are going to be married - SO beautiful!


"Most of all, love each other as if your life depended on it. Love makes up for practically anything." I Peter 4:8 The Message

2 comments:

  1. Karen -- I think about when Ash and I first met almost 9 years ago! WOW!!! How God has hand his hand on her, her whole life. What a blessings. So proud of her and Daniel!

    ps -- I have a friend who does the most amazing flowers!!! Let me know if you want to see her stuff, and I will tell her you are my friend and I am sure she would give you a great discount!!! let me know. Cristina

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds great! I would love to see what she does. Does she have a website?

    ReplyDelete